APL Data Center job offers
With hundreds of projects completed since 1983, APL is a major player in Europe in the field of consulting, design and construction of data centers. Our services are based on four activities: data center consulting and engineering, IT consulting and engineering, IT room maintenance and operation, and digital responsibility.
Project Manager Engineers (M/F) - Lausanne
In order to accompany our clients on engineering, consulting or project management assistance missions, we are looking for several Project and Mission Managers Engineers (M/F) in Lausanne.
You will build customer loyalty and develop the customer base. Your high-level contacts are IT directors, production or network managers, real estate directors and general services.
Your missions are technical, varied and multi-faceted and include approaching customer projects from all technical and commercial aspects, analyzing sites, expressing needs, drawing up technical and financial proposals, supervising their implementation, and managing internal and external teams.
You are the guarantor of customer satisfaction and margins.
You may be required, after increasing your skills in data centers, to carry out global technical and organizational audits and project management assistance missions for our customers, as part of our expertise and consulting activities.
- Graduate engineer (or equivalent title) with specialization ideally in climatic or electrical engineering (high/low current) ;
- The quality of experience, knowledge of the market, as well as personal and human qualities are essential;
- At least 8 years of successful experience in Switzerland in consulting, engineering or business management within a company on complex projects or in an engineering office or industrial engineering (design – realization of technical installations preferably on industrial sites with strong constraints of continuity and reliability) or a manufacturer;
- Knowledge of the “IT” world, of Data Centers and their constraints will be a plus;
- A PMP qualification would also be appreciated.
Your entrepreneurial qualities, your ability to convince, your spirit of initiative, your dynamism and your constructive and positive spirit are what will win us over!
We will also appreciate your ability to analyze and synthesize, your command of English, and your ease in dealing with people and writing.
Short trips in Switzerland are to be expected. Company car.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to: email@example.com specifying the reference CP-2020.
Works Engineers (M/F) - Lausanne
We are currently looking for Construction Engineers (M/F) to reinforce our teams in Lausanne.
Engineer, responsible and autonomous, you like the field, the contact and you wish to realize buildings with high technological added value.
Within the framework of our data center projects, you will manage and coordinate one or more large-scale construction sites under the responsibility of the project manager.
You will ensure:
- The management of the sites entrusted to you: management, planning and organization of the different phases of the work (structural work, finishing work, technical lots).
- The missions of organization, management and coordination of the site, monitoring of work and acceptance of works, including qualification tests
You will participate upstream in the missions of assistance to the consultation and selection of companies.
You will develop quality relationships with all project stakeholders.
The duration of our projects varies between 3 months and 18 months. They include a very high technical added value (air-conditioning, high and low voltage).
Depending on your skills and your development, you may be asked to participate in the preparation of bids and the design of installations.
This position can evolve according to your profile towards the responsibility of project manager.
The high technical nature of our data centers (industrial type buildings) requires an engineering degree or equivalent, with a focus on climate and/or electricity.
You ideally have a first successful experience in Switzerland in planning and managing works, preferably on very technical and/or industrial sites. You are rigorous, organized and have very good writing skills.
You are familiar with the Office suite and MS Project.
Finally, your managerial and interpersonal skills are essential for this position as it is a team effort at the service of our clients.
Position based in Lausanne. Mobility required with travel to projects in Switzerland. Company car.
To join us, please send your application (CV + cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the reference IT-2020.
Design Engineer (M/F) - Lausanne
As part of our development and in order to strengthen our skills in design and quality of works, we are looking for Design Engineers for our team in Lausanne.
Under the responsibility of the agency manager, you will carry out design studies in the field of data centers.
Your missions are the following:
- In the design phase, you are responsible for the technical transcription of our clients’ needs:
In collaboration with the project managers, you will define the hypotheses and the various technical orientations of the projects. You are in charge of the dimensioning of the installations, the mock-up of the different premises and the establishment of the schematics. Your ability to synthesize information will be an asset for the drafting of all the descriptive parts of the projects (preliminary project, specifications, price list, etc.). You will manage the production of the graphic parts established by our digital design department (2D & 3D);
- In the execution phase, your technical expertise allows you to ensure the proper execution of the works. You ensure the validation of all the execution studies carried out by the companies involved in the project. In collaboration with the Works Engineers, you identify the points of vigilance to be monitored on the site and program all the technical tests to be carried out to measure the performance of an installation.
You may be required, after gaining expertise in data centers, to carry out global technical and organizational audits for our clients as well as project management assistance missions, as part of our expertise and consulting activities;
- You are also in charge of managing the design database. You will manage our experience in order to draw up design assistance tools (pricing, checklist of recurring problems, comparative technical note of solutions, standard cctp by field, etc.). Central pivot of the technical design, you are responsible for capitalizing on our know-how and making it available.
With an engineering background (or equivalent title) with a specialization in HVAC or electricity, you have 2 to 3 years of successful experience in Switzerland in the design / realization of complex technical installations, preferably on industrial sites with strong constraints of service continuity and reliability.
Autonomous, imaginative and motivated, you like teamwork, you have a good sense of synthesis and a passion for technology.
We will also appreciate your analytical skills, your fluency in English, combined with your interpersonal and writing skills.
You master AUTOCAD software (working in object space, paper space, xref is a minimum), ACROBAT Writer and pack office (Ideally 3D software such as REVIT).
Main job requirements:
- Ability to work in a hurry – Assertive while remaining a good listener – Empathy and understanding of operational constraints;
- Physical integrity to work in a construction environment;
- Strong sense of teamwork – good interpersonal skills with different levels of people;
- Writing skills – ability to synthesize – rigor – organization – autonomy – availability – stress management;
- Technical curiosity and desire to evolve are essential.
Position based in Lausanne. Short trips in Switzerland are to be expected.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) under the reference ING ETUDES to: email@example.com
Sales Engineer (M/F) - Lausanne
As part of the development of our Lausanne branch, we are looking for a Sales Engineer (M/F).
- Detect new projects with clients (active / inactive) or prospects,
- Develop customer loyalty and develop the customer base with high level contacts on the existing portfolio,
- Prospect, detect the needs of new customer accounts or inactive customers,
- Identify the actors of the decision circuit at the customers / prospects, approach them and convince them,
- Qualify projects, develop and present appropriate proposals,
- Make appointments and get known to prospects (IT, Real Estate, General Services, Purchasing …),
- Propose and present all APL offers until the conclusion of sales,
- Represent the company at trade shows, forums and professional events,
- Establish partnerships with market players and participate in professional clubs.
This description describes the main responsibilities and is not exhaustive.
Ideally, you have a degree in a technical or commercial field (such as a business or engineering school). However, training is not an essential element: the quality of your experience, your knowledge of the market and your personal qualities will also be taken into consideration.
You have a successful experience of at least 5 years (ideally 10) in the sale of intellectual services with high added value and you have a good regional network (French-speaking Switzerland) in the data center, IT or network sector.
Skills / knowledge:
- Mastery of prospecting, sales and negotiation techniques,
- Ability to approach, manage, build loyalty and develop a long-lasting customer relationship with high-level contacts (CIO, CFO, General Services, Real Estate Director),
- Fluency in English is desirable
- Temperament of a “hunter”
- Ability to report,
- Organizational skills,
- Good adaptability,
- Entrepreneurial profile, capable of strong intellectual mobility and multitasking within a small structure,
- Ability to work independently,
- Good written and oral communication skills,
- Sense of service,
- Sense of commitment.
- Remuneration according to profile + variable part on results
- Location: Lausanne
- Reporting line: Branch Manager
- The possibility of working in 4/5 could be considered for a candidate of value,
- Company car
To join us, send your application (CV + cover letter) under the reference IC-LAUSANNE to firstname.lastname@example.org.